Saturday 22 October 2011

Really should blog more!

Hi I've been away for a while but have come back raring to go.

The last few months have been busy, I never knew it was such hard work setting up a business!
It's not just the financial side of it, its all the self promotion that seems to be the hardest. With all the technology available it seems like you have to be in 10 places at once. Taking time to blog!! posting on social networking sites and trying to set up your own web site while trying to sell on another website. It's all quite a mind field really. I  must get more organised and plan some time each day to get on top of all theses things.

I have now started doing jewellery parties. The first was a real success and i sold lots of items. It was also a great learning curve for what I had to do for my future parties. The second was completely different, all I had planned to do and say went straight out of the window. It just goes to show, you cant have the same format to each party. You just need to judge the crowd and  tailor it for each host and their guests.
One thing I did discover is that I need help! It was hard work having lots of women descend on you wanting to ask questions, to purchase items, place orders and wait to have their jewellery wrapped. I am lucky to have lovely friends and family in my life to support me and have one special person who will help me with future parties while I'm living in Plymouth.
Having said that I'm due to move next year so will need to find someone else will to give their time freely to help me.

I shall leave you with an image of the earrings I made this morning.

Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment